HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Favorite Mud tyres

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Apples
lil man

PostSubject: Favorite Mud tyres   Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:51 am

heres the go everyone has there own opinion on mud tyres for 4x4's i want to here it
who runs what, how it goes for road noise wearing costs and what terrain it works well the
best on what pressures you run and so forth,

a mate is running 36in simex with internal beadlocks for extra low pressure on rocks
but anyone who has heard these or driven on them knows they drive like a boat due to
not radial tyre, no steel wire in side wall, i think they are great on or in mud, but when it
comes to rocks and loose dirt or anything they are pretty ordinary?? ive driven on them
and soemthing i did with my 35in mtz's on 15x10 rims at 12 psi in front i have rolled the
simex b4 they where beadlocked and they where at 16psi.

I ran mtz on my car on 15x 10 rims as per above and found they where ok for mud
not fantastic, gripped well on rocks and bagged out great for hill climbs sand and everything
else, but had a drama with side walls being busted easy?? anyone heard the same or
had same issue?? i ran them all at about 12psi maybe 10 in rear depending on driving??
apart from that i found these to be a great tyre, getting easy 40 thou km and barely half worn

what are everyone elses thoughts??
Back to top Go down
gqmad

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mud tyres   Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:05 am

i have run silverstone MT117 Extremes 33x10.5x15 (simex copy) on my GQ LWB great in the mud but super noisy on the road nearly impossible to balance and wore out in about 15 thousand k's Mad also had a set of simex centrepedes 35x10.5 fantastic in the mud but same on road as the silverstones . 33x12 boggers on my heap were even better in the mud than simex or silverstones and even unbalanced shook less on road but still wore quite quickly and unevenly but were a little bit quieter than the simex or silverstones on road . Now i run a set of 33x12.5 wranglers (old pattern) as my daily tyres they are crap in the slop IMO they slip on side slopes and clog very easily, on road they are bareable noise wise and seem to be wearing quite well, but i couldn't be without a set of boggers so i bought a set of 37x13x15's cheers for the heap and am yet to fit them due to not having the time to chop the quarters etc these are purely play tyres so on road manners dosn't really concern me too much and neither does on road wear as they won't be on the black top for too long before hitting the dirt/mud/rocks.
Back to top Go down
Deadly GU
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mud tyres   Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:37 am

I run MTZ's (285/75/16 on a 16x8 rim) on the 'Trol. Usually run about 34psi on the blacktop, and drop them down to 16 on the sand, about 20 to 24 on rocky stuff. Had them on up the Cape, finding them excellent, will prob go for them again when they need replacing. They've done about 60000 km's and just under half tread left.

On the Nav, BFG Muddies (31x10.5x15 on a 15x7 rim), they've done about 75000km's. Usually run them about 30 on the front & 27 on the back on the blacktop. Off road , about 16 to 18 psi.
Back to top Go down
Apples
lil man

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mud tyres   Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:51 pm

[ i couldn't be without a set of boggers so i bought a set of 37x13x15's cheers for the heap and am yet to fit them due to not having the time to chop the quarters etc these are purely play tyres so on road manners dosn't really concern me too much and neither does on road wear as they won't be on the black top for too long before hitting the dirt/mud/rocks.[/quote]

hell yeah go the 37's boggers that would be rad as! love to see how they go

has anyone had anything to do with any of the procomp tyres?? and how the roll??
and the new bf km2's
Back to top Go down
google

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mud tyres   Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:05 pm

i love my 35 inch baja claws at 10 psi they are good in the mud they clear out well
and the stick well to rocks and concrete walls and steel backhoe buckets that
i park on LOL
but they do tear big chunks out off on sharp rock
Back to top Go down
gqmad

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mud tyres   Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:27 am

Apples wrote:

hell yeah go the 37's boggers that would be rad as! love to see how they go
well if they are anything like the 33's that i owned they will be f--king fantastic cheers I followed a mate running 35" trepador's (while i was running the 33's ) even with him trying to dig out the ruts I still didn't get stuck !!!!!!!! in fact i had to snatch him out of 2 bog holes Laughing
Back to top Go down
sludge
lil man

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mud tyres   Mon May 17, 2010 1:11 am

Yeah I'm a fan of the claws, but don't let them get too old cause the rubber goes really hard. I had two sets of 33's and got about 40-50,000 out of them. Ive got the MTZ's now in 33 and 35 and they are a good all round muddy.
Back to top Go down
plumb

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mud tyres   Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:59 pm

i'm running 305/70/16 Maxis Bighorns at the moment.They seem to go the same places as everyone else.my only bitch is they are soft and chip easily
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mud tyres   

Back to top Go down

Favorite Mud tyres
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1