Share | 

D22 Navara owner from Gladstone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Boosted
lil man

PostSubject: D22 Navara owner from Gladstone   Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:23 am

Hi all

Just thought i'd say hello and introduce myself on here. My name is Matt and this is my Navara

Back to top Go down
plumb

PostSubject: Re: D22 Navara owner from Gladstone   Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:13 am

Hows it going Boosted.Man that is one big shed it lives in
Back to top Go down
Boosted
lil man

PostSubject: Re: D22 Navara owner from Gladstone   Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:26 am

Ha Ha I wish that was the shed it lived in! Thats my work shed Sad
Back to top Go down
gqmad

PostSubject: Re: D22 Navara owner from Gladstone   Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:25 pm

Welcome along mate.
Back to top Go down
Boosted
lil man

PostSubject: Re: D22 Navara owner from Gladstone   Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:56 pm

How often do you guys do runs around the place? I just fitted a lokka and want to try some good stuff around. Im getting bored of Gladstone tracks!
Back to top Go down
plumb

PostSubject: Re: D22 Navara owner from Gladstone   Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:47 am

I made the suggestion of doing a run on the first Sunday of the month but like most things i try to organise it hasn't happened.Bung something up in the trips and touring section when ya keen and what sort of stuff your thinking of doing and we can go from there i spose.I'm always keen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boosted
lil man

PostSubject: Re: D22 Navara owner from Gladstone   Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:14 am

Anything to have a good days driving. I want to try get back up to 5 rocks again sometime. Would be good to try out some of the stuff around rocky
Back to top Go down
Shaker4x4

PostSubject: Re: D22 Navara owner from Gladstone   Sun May 01, 2011 1:30 am

Hey Matt. I live further North, but if your into meet ups and a couple of days on the tracks be it down my way or if I make it up your way. It'll be good to meet you.

My brother in-law just built an industrial shed on his private property. Insulated on all hot sides and mercury lights hanging. It has 4 full hight roller doors and is a 6 bay length. I was amazed that it is tinkering home workshop when he rebuilds his own 4x4. He's onto his 2nd 75 series ute as the first one is a heavy built comp truck, but he's not in any rush to build the second. Something I can only dream of doing. He has 2 Hiluxes as well, one is a work dual cab and the other is their driver. I have organised a family 4wd event at LCMP after winter. They are all keen. The 75 series comp truck will come out no doubt. I only have my tourer, but it's capable enough, just won't go stupid with it like putting it through ridiculous terrain.

Talk sometime down the track hey cheers
Back to top Go down
Boosted
lil man

PostSubject: Re: D22 Navara owner from Gladstone   Sun May 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Shaker, sounds like some decent 4x's to go driving with. Im always up for catching up with people for a drive or camping. Ive just fitted a front locker into mine as some tracks were taking thier toll on the cvs. Unfortunetly the night I got to test the locker I ended up breaking 3 bones in my right foot so I cant drive for min of 3 weeks Sad Will just make me more keen to get out and do some driving!
Back to top Go down
Shaker4x4

PostSubject: Re: D22 Navara owner from Gladstone   Tue May 03, 2011 10:29 am

Boosted wrote:
Shaker, sounds like some decent 4x's to go driving with. Im always up for catching up with people for a drive or camping. Ive just fitted a front locker into mine as some tracks were taking thier toll on the cvs. Unfortunetly the night I got to test the locker I ended up breaking 3 bones in my right foot so I cant drive for min of 3 weeks Sad Will just make me more keen to get out and do some driving!

I said North... I meant South. I'm so used to dealing with Southerners Laughing

Yes some of these people have some good gear, I hope they consider vehicle protection and don't lead me astray scratch

You say you got a front locker. In an LSD, the wheel with no traction gets all the power. It's when it suddenly gains traction that those forces will jar at your CVs correct? On the other hand, adding a locker, the wheel with traction will get power at the same time as the other. This can also cause stresses, especially at wheel droop and turning at the same time. You also lose steering and forces during a shallow turn also make stress on them. Can't win really. I decided to leave mine as standard and just use rear locker.

I don't know you or any of these people yet, but we all have one thing in common and that is to get out and enjoy ourselves, so with that said, I am looking forward to doing that and meeting you too.

My 4wd project tourer is near completion, except the solar panels I want do not ship to Australia due to the demand volume being low for unknown reasons. I have to do some searching or settle for one large panel, but the idea was if I had two panels and one failed, it is not as expensive to replace and I my power won't go out entirely if that should happen. I have boost/backup panels as well. Putting some 265/75R16 BFG KM2s - Gecko 16x8" 20P Sunraisers on order next week for off-road only wheels.

Talk soon, make yourself known :-)

Shaker.
Back to top Go down
Boosted
lil man

PostSubject: Re: D22 Navara owner from Gladstone   Tue May 03, 2011 9:57 pm

The front doesn't have an LSD in it. Only the back. As soon as the front wheel loose any weight on it then it looses traction so you have to rev the hell of out it to get over the smallest obstacle. With the locker it may put may strain on the cv's but I only have to pretty much idle over stuff now instead or rocking and revving the car to get it to go anywhere. There is a bit of steering loss but if driven propely around corners then it unlocks and you can't feel a thing. It's by far the best mod I have done to the car
Back to top Go down
Deadly GU
Admin

PostSubject: Re: D22 Navara owner from Gladstone   Sun May 08, 2011 7:01 am

G'day Matt, nice to see you found us. Welcome along cheers cheers

'01 'Trol Wagon.....Tourer
'90 Nav.......Toy
Back to top Go down
Boosted
lil man

PostSubject: Re: D22 Navara owner from Gladstone   Sun May 08, 2011 7:09 am

Thanks Dave. Saw the sticker on the beacon and though I'd join up. Are you goin to the comp at clarkys?
Back to top Go down
Deadly GU
Admin

PostSubject: Re: D22 Navara owner from Gladstone   Sun May 08, 2011 7:23 am

Good advertising lol!

Whens the comp on Matt???

'01 'Trol Wagon.....Tourer
'90 Nav.......Toy
Back to top Go down
Boosted
lil man

PostSubject: Re: D22 Navara owner from Gladstone   Sun May 08, 2011 9:27 am