OuterControl 4x4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OuterControl 4x4

4x4 Mates CQ

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fuel savers??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Reedy
Reedy

Fuel savers?? Empty
PostSubject: Fuel savers??   Fuel savers?? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:26 am

So anybody had any experiance with Fuel savers or any tips???....this could get interesting LOL
Back to top Go down
https://outercontrol4x4.forumotion.com
fazza81

Fuel savers?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel savers??   Fuel savers?? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:26 am

less right foot
Back to top Go down
google

Fuel savers?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel savers??   Fuel savers?? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:12 am

premium petrol and less right boot helps but they still make the stuff so why bother
Back to top Go down
google

Fuel savers?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel savers??   Fuel savers?? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:22 am

try puting a new fuel filter and K&N air cleaner is the go and oil changes every 10 000 klm helps lots
Back to top Go down
Shaker4x4
Shaker4x4

Fuel savers?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel savers??   Fuel savers?? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 11:24 pm

There are so many gimmic products on the market it's getting stupid. None of them are such a huge success they they are actually worth buying to begin with Neutral

The biggest culprits for excess fuel consumption is wind drag and weight! But there are many other things to be mindful of as well.

After market accessory fittings can be quite invasive of your vehicles stock standard aero dynamics so if your fitting something think about how you could improve it's negative impact, or consider does it always need to be on there. There may be better products that aren't as bad or you can stream-line things more than having a turbulently resistant square face.

The other thing is weight. How many take the kitchen sink? Honestly, some setups are very inefficient. Even towing can contribute to fuel consumption. Before purchasing a tow camper, consider how much it will get used and the cost to maintain it, tow it and keep it registered. Would a tent better suit your needs? Make your camp site as smart as possible, as strong storage container may double up as a seat, a kitchen sink is a plastic storage tub full up kitchen utensils and you a not carrying excessive luggage and objects that make your engine work harder.

Another thing that can contribute to fuel consumption is accelerating up hills to increase momentum when it's too late to do so. Overtaking with a load on contributes as well as tyre pressures. Are you rolling on the correct tyres for your vehicles weight, or is the tread footprint too long and resisting roll? I have light truck touring tyres (A/T) and run the at 58psi cold up the front and 42 rear when unloaded (they are 65psi max.)

Lastly, the engine and drive train. Don't neglect them, keep the engine tuned, clean and top condition. Treat all mechanical aspects of your vehicle with respect and it will be good to you. Maintaining oil and grease lube all helps conserve fuel. Your injectors can be sonic cleaned professionally and reconditioned with new seals. This is done in a very clean environment. Injector cleaner can damage modern injectors so be careful. Consistent fuel spray is a cleaner more efficient combustion. Cleaner fuels only maintain. Attempting to clean an injector with such fuels or using injector cleaners can worsen the problem.

Now that you have reduced your fuel consumption and can drive your dollar further, why would you consider fuel additives or something that refuses to pay for itself?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fuel savers?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel savers??   Fuel savers?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuel savers??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OuterControl 4x4 :: Tech Talk-
Jump to: