Share | 

Show us your custom work

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
JD & Nomes
lil man

PostSubject: Re: Show us your custom work   Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:22 am

That's some nice work there deadly are you a boily or just handy with a welder??? I want to make a rear bar for my rig but am unsure of the best mounting position as far as the side goes because I want to go alll the way to the rear wheel arch and with all the molded sections on my rig it makes it hard on the design!!! If you are a rocky local I would love to catch up to get some ideas.
Back to top Go down
Deadly GU
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Show us your custom work   Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:33 am

Thanks JD cheers
Nah mate, not a boily, I'm a Fitter that can melt bits of steel lol!
When I did the rear bar for my Patrol , I used brackets from the outer wings back to the chassis (check out my thread in Members Rigs, pretty sure there's pic's in there) to support/strengthen them.
The design couldn't be any harder then the GU lol!
I'm Calliope (just near Gladstone), just down the road abit lol!

'01 'Trol Wagon.....Tourer
'90 Nav.......Toy
Back to top Go down
Deadly GU
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Show us your custom work   Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:09 pm

A couple of teaser shots of the rear bar fitted.

Was dark when we finished, will get some better daylight photo's soon.

'90 Nav.......Toy
Back to top Go down
JD & Nomes
lil man

PostSubject: Re: Show us your custom work   Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:03 am

Deadly GU wrote:
Thanks JD cheers
Nah mate, not a boily, I'm a Fitter that can melt bits of steel lol!
When I did the rear bar for my Patrol , I used brackets from the outer wings back to the chassis (check out my thread in Members Rigs, pretty sure there's pic's in there) to support/strengthen them.
The design couldn't be any harder then the GU lol!
I'm Calliope (just near Gladstone), just down the road abit lol!

When i said design i meant how it ties in with the flares, Unlike the trol the rear bumper doesn't come off in one piece. I need to cut it somewhere and by doing that i am worried about loosing strength in the remaining section. The photo below shows with tape the 2 options i am thinking about, the kaymar bar for the 120 attaches at that vertical join half way between the wheel arch and the rear of the car, which in my opinion leaves a vulnerable section around the mud flap. Have you seen or know of any other bar designed for the 120 that goes all the way to the wheel arch ?????

There is no join under the tape, The only join is the vertical one I spoke of earlier, if I go with the top piece of tape I would tie in with that horizontal join at the top. Disregard the scuffs from previous trips but it does point out the requirement I have for a rear bar

Back to top Go down
Deadly GU
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Show us your custom work   Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:07 am

Hmmmmmm........ I'll ponder that one abit more. I'd almost be inclined to make the bar & cut the original one above the reflector . That way it will give side protection & will less complex to build.

'90 Nav.......Toy
Back to top Go down
JD & Nomes
lil man

PostSubject: Re: Show us your custom work   Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:34 am

yeah cheers that is another option Very Happy the easier i can make it the better, I am keen to start but I need to get my head around it first bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Deadly GU
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Show us your custom work   Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:50 am

No worries. Happy to try & answer any questions you have along the way cheers

'90 Nav.......Toy
Back to top Go down
Deadly GU
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Show us your custom work   Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:53 am

Here's some pic's (taken by the guy I built it for) of the rear bar fitted.......

Will try & get some others.

'90 Nav.......Toy
Back to top Go down
JD & Nomes
lil man

PostSubject: Re: Show us your custom work   Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:57 am

Not a rear bar or anything but custom work all the same

The first photo is of my waeco that I added a led light strip to, it is wired up through the existing door switch and works a charm in eliminating any chance of grabbing a soft drink instead of a beer Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

This photo is of my winch controls as some of you may know I drive a Prado that has about the same ground clearance as my first vehicle which was a VK Commodore Laughing Laughing this being said it means I need to winch more that the average rig so this makes it easier

This one is the control box you may notice that there are 2 power cables going in this is so I can link the winch up to both batteries I have under the bonnet. I needed to do this as I found that one battery didn't cut it when winching for long periods, I have a WARN winch that can draw up to 500 amps my main battery is only about 660 cca so it doesn't take long to drain it to a point where it struggles, with the second battery it gives me a combined amount of around 1400 amps.

This is the isolator I use to put the second battery to the winch, I keep it isolated when not winching so my auxiliary gear like my waeco doesn't drain my cranking battery

The funny thing with that in cab winch controls is that neither ARB or TJM could help me with it, they wanted to sell me a aerial to put on the control box that comes with a wireless remote which came with a price tag of $300 Shocked Shocked I ended having a chat to Glen (AKA Fazza) from Ashdown Ingram who stocks the parts required cheers Job complete for less than $50
Back to top Go down
Deadly GU
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Show us your custom work   Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:02 am

Nice work JD cheers
Have been planning the fridge light & in cab winch control myself. Have had the gear for awhile now, just need to find the time lol!

'90 Nav.......Toy
Back to top Go down
plumb

PostSubject: Re: Show us your custom work   Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:49 pm

Nice work Jamie.
May have to check out the way you linked your second battery to the solinoid pack.My warn does the same but i got a big donkey battery.I also have the winch switch in the dash(Thanks to Rus Mason) because at the time i was the only one with a winch so i went last to drag others out of the crap.I would go home covered in mud and didn't get stuck???.New rule you need the hook you come and get the hook lol
Back to top Go down
JD & Nomes
lil man

PostSubject: Re: Show us your custom work   Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:10 pm

Yeah to easy plum & I love that rule Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us your custom work   

Back to top Go down

Show us your custom work
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3