OuterControl 4x4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OuterControl 4x4

4x4 Mates CQ

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vehicle Engineer

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Deadly GU
Admin
Deadly GU

Vehicle Engineer Empty
PostSubject: Vehicle Engineer   Vehicle Engineer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:26 am

I'm looking for an engineer to talk to about the mods I want to do to my Navara ute.
Does anyone know of someone who does this sort of engineering around this area?????
Back to top Go down
Reedy
Reedy

Vehicle Engineer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Engineer   Vehicle Engineer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:17 am

I think Cliff Monroe in Rocky here can do it I think????
Back to top Go down
https://outercontrol4x4.forumotion.com
Deadly GU
Admin
Deadly GU

Vehicle Engineer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Engineer   Vehicle Engineer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:32 am

Thanks Glen, would you have his ph. number???
Back to top Go down
Kigle
lil man

Vehicle Engineer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Engineer   Vehicle Engineer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 11:05 am

he can do modification plates for some mods. he cannot engineer mods. they are two different things. he may be able to do what you are after but he cannot certify things like tyre sizes, ICV's and the more high level modifications. I have no idea if there is anyone local that can do proper engineering certicates but Cliff Munro is good for most mods. What sort of mods are you looking at doing?
Back to top Go down
Deadly GU
Admin
Deadly GU

Vehicle Engineer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Engineer   Vehicle Engineer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:45 pm

Looking at cutting the IFS out of my Navara, and replacing it with a leaf sprung diff out of a '90 GQ. Also, wanting t put the ZD30 out of my 'Trol into it.
Back to top Go down
Deadly GU
Admin
Deadly GU

Vehicle Engineer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Engineer   Vehicle Engineer I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:50 pm

Spoke to Cliff yesterday, he can do the engine swap no worries, just can't engineer the front diff swap Sad
Seems theres no one up this way that can do that..............HOW CRAP IS THAT!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

When I spoke to Cliff, he said that he can do "substitution", eg. motor upgrade, rear diff swap, basically anything that doesn't require weldingdifferent components to the chassis.
Well, I found this bolt in kit from Calmini, that doesn't require any welding to the chassis.......................

Vehicle Engineer XterraSAS

..............wonder if that comes under the term "substitution" scratch scratch
Will have to give him a ring again and find out.
Back to top Go down
gqmad

Vehicle Engineer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Engineer   Vehicle Engineer I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 2:19 pm

There is a guy here in rocky with a 90's model hilux that has a triangluated 4 linkand coil overs in the back end and from what I hear he has it engineered and all legal here in QLD. I have seen the car around town but havn't had a chance to talk to owner yet. If I can get the engineers name you'll be the first to know.
Back to top Go down
Deadly GU
Admin
Deadly GU

Vehicle Engineer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Engineer   Vehicle Engineer I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 10:04 pm

Cheers mate, that would be great!!
Back to top Go down
Apples
lil man

Vehicle Engineer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Engineer   Vehicle Engineer I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 11:27 pm

Old mate in the hilux with coil overs name is luke, and im pretty sure he is a
boiler maker and did all the welding and compentry himself and all the welding is approved
im not to sure about the mod plate i think he got it done elsewhere out of town??

and the best lad to talk to would be Werner from TIC approvals on gold coast
i got onto him a while ago, he will do anylift in a patrol IE 6in 35in tyres Aframe ass ends
drop boxes and so on, there is not much he wont do. his email is tic@bigpond.com.au
im pretty sure. or get onto the boys at wizard performance down in bris vegas and see who
they use cause most of there stuff is all engineered and stuff.

Cheers Chris
Back to top Go down
Kigle
lil man

Vehicle Engineer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Engineer   Vehicle Engineer I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:26 pm

luke's lux is not approved. he is a boily but that in itself does not mean it is approved. The DOT pulled him over and checked it out. the guys had no idea what to do, they did not defect him but they did take photo's of the whole thing and told him they would be in touch. that was a while back and as far as I know they never contacted him again.

his was also a weld in kit, he didn't make any of the components
Back to top Go down
gqmad

Vehicle Engineer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Engineer   Vehicle Engineer I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 11:36 am

Hey dave if you still need an engineer I found "Mustang sally conversions" paul is his name great guy even though he shot my idea down in flames lol! I was given his number by a guy from outerlimits which is down at the moment, as soon as it's back up i'll post it here.

EDIT: outers is back Laughing

Paul Kubel
Mustang Sally Conversions
18 Avocado Drive
CABOOLTURE QLD, 4510
(07) 54955904
0405 192 640

I called paul and he said straight off the top of his head that what I wanted to do couldn't be done so he obviously knows his stuff !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vehicle Engineer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle Engineer   Vehicle Engineer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vehicle Engineer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OuterControl 4x4 :: General 4x4 Talk-
Jump to: