OuterControl 4x4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OuterControl 4x4

4x4 Mates CQ

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Micks FJ40

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Micks FJ40 Empty
PostSubject: Micks FJ40   Micks FJ40 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 10:48 am

Hey guys, finally got a chance to get out and take some pics myself of the 40, only had her about a month and im loving every bit of it (Except the fuel economy haha), i really dont know all about it though, im fresh to the world of 4x4 and also Chev Motors, up untill this point ive been a Ford boy and a into bikes! So this is mostly a cut and paste from the email my mate sent me about it:

Body/Interior:
* Custom steel half doors with checkerplate doorskins and Digital Design 6x9's for doof doof.
* Custom centre dash panel which has five guages and all switching for the car. Guages are - 2 x Volt guages (for dual battery), oil temp and press, water temp.
* Dynamat floor covering - At first this was done to reduce noise but actually worked well as a heat insulator too.
* Toyota Supra bucket seats
* 3" Roll bar - Its fucken solid too!
* Rear mounted battery box - Contains an N70 Century battery and at the moment has the new electric fuel pump as well. It was the easiest way to protect the fuel pump.
*Eureka Offroad Custom rear bar - This is a direct mount rear bar custom made by Eureka offroad, It will handle a 35" tyre and also has a hayman reese hitch for easier towing or recovery.
* 8000lb Ramsay Winch - Its american. Havent used it yet cause i've never needed it!!
* Custom front bar with 10t recovery points
* Highlift (kangaroo) Jack and custom mounting brackets.
* 1.5" rubber flares - just to cover the 33's that are on.
* Custom headlight protector grills

Tyres:
* 33x12.5x15 tyres - 2 are Bridgestone desert dueler A/T's and rears are Goodyear Mudwranglers. Spare is bridgeston also and Brand new. All on 15 x 8 Sunny's.

Engine/Bay
* Special order 16" airbox from Summit Racing in the US. Came with the 4" to 3" reducers ready for the twin 3" snorkel
* Modified Holley 600 with Custom tune for 4x4 - fixed the problem with the carby not wanting to work on hills etc
* Holley Accelerator cable/linkage bracket
* Carter Black Electric fuel pump upgrade - Helps deliver a constant flow opposed to mechanical pump.
* Holley Fuel Regulator and guage - also plumbed in with Russell-Speedflo fittings and proper braided hose.
* All vacuum lines replaced with braided hose.
* Edelbrock Performa Intake Manifold - Designed for low-down torque
* Chrome Thermostat housing and Custom braided top radiator hose.
* Special order alloy rocker covers also from Summit Racing with re-usable rocker rubber rocker cover gaskets.
* MSD HEI Distributor with chrome support bracket.
* 9mm Eagle Pro spark plug leads
* Custom fitted Block Hugger Exhaust Manifold with full 2 1/2" custom exhuast - has been fabricated with the bodylift to ensure no part of the exhaust hangs below the chassis line. Better for underbody clearance etc
* Thermal Exhaust wrap - Has been completed on drivers side. and on starter motor. This is to combat 'starter motor heatsoak' which is a common problem on SBC that have block huggers.
* K + N Oilfilter
* Custom ordered Sump with oil temp sensor fittings added
* Felpro Gaskets have been used all round.
* Re-con water pump
* Chrome twin belt water pump pulley - This is so that im able to add a power steering pump later on when I do the PS conversion.
* Custom high mount Alternator Bracket - Designed to keep it up higher when doing water crossing etc. Most electrical parts have been relocated higher for the same reason.
* New steering shaft dampener and steering shaft extension
* Special order Alloy radiator and custom mounting brackets - This is actually designed for a 56 chev with a SBC!!
* Chrome overflow container with braided hose
* Full engine bay re-wire - This was a big one. Removed all the unnecessary wiring that the previous owner left after the engine conversion. The tidied up all the engine wiring for the chev. Then removed all the old light wiring and replaced it with bigger new wire and relays and then ran it all along the chassis to hide it all from sight!!

Micks FJ40 P1000144

Micks FJ40 P1000148

Micks FJ40 P1000154

Micks FJ40 P1000156

Micks FJ40 P1000158

Micks FJ40 P1000164

Micks FJ40 P1000161

Plans are the obvious, Disc Brake front (which i have here, jsut need new discs and pads) Power Steering, ive also got here a smaller steering wheel, but that will have to wait till after PS lol. also I wanna put a fridge between the seats as well as build in soem drawer in the back and a better enclosure for the Battery / Fuel Pump setup.

Oh and for shits n giggles heres a before and after pic of the engine bay:
Micks FJ40 EngineBay1

Micks FJ40 P1000152
Back to top Go down
Reedy
Reedy

Micks FJ40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Micks FJ40   Micks FJ40 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 9:13 am

Sweeeeeet!!!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://outercontrol4x4.forumotion.com
Deadly GU
Admin
Deadly GU

Micks FJ40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Micks FJ40   Micks FJ40 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 9:42 pm

Tough looking Shorty Cool
Seen it out front of your place a few times now.
Back to top Go down

Micks FJ40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Micks FJ40   Micks FJ40 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:03 pm

Do you live out this way deadly?

It will be there for a while now as im not really driving it before i take it down to the sunny coast in june, costs too much to run and i need to save my petrol money for the trip haha
Back to top Go down
Deadly GU
Admin
Deadly GU

Micks FJ40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Micks FJ40   Micks FJ40 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:06 pm

Nah mate, live in Glady, got friends out there.
Back to top Go down
Shanegu
lil man
Shanegu

Micks FJ40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Micks FJ40   Micks FJ40 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 9:53 am

Nice...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Micks FJ40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Micks FJ40   Micks FJ40 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Micks FJ40
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OuterControl 4x4 :: Members Rigs-
Jump to: