OuterControl 4x4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OuterControl 4x4

4x4 Mates CQ

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Campmor canvas shower tent at last

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shaker4x4
Shaker4x4

Campmor canvas shower tent at last Empty
PostSubject: Campmor canvas shower tent at last   Campmor canvas shower tent at last I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 5:14 am

About 5 months ago, I made some inquiries to Kangaroo Tent City about their then current and not commonly sold to the public without special order. These ones were close to $600 and this, plus the fact that market choices were limited for canvas shower tents, they decided to sit up and take note of my inquiry. Their initial design being too expensive for the average occasional camper is pictured below:-

Campmor canvas shower tent at last CampmorCampsitephoto2010.jpg_ozeclick_thumbnail_resize;Campmor canvas shower tent at last CampmorCampSitewithShowerTents2010.jpg_ozeclick_thumbnail_resize

So they had a canvas shower tent more suitable for the Australian market as pictured below:-

Campmor canvas shower tent at last RosehillShow2009PhotosCampmorShowerTent

At least it's a win for campers and another choice. This one retails for $299 including courier anywhere in Australia.

I bet many of you are over the cheap pop-up showers, which rot in U.V. anyway and break weak poles in wind.

Here is the website if your interested: http://www.kangarootentcity.com.au/welcome/page55.php#Campmor_Canvas_Tents
Back to top Go down
D1cko
D1cko

PostSubject: Re: Campmor canvas shower tent at last   Campmor canvas shower tent at last I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 1:46 pm

beats the hell out of what I use. A couple of star pickets, a tarp and a canvas shower bag under a tree is all I use .
Back to top Go down
Shaker4x4
Shaker4x4

PostSubject: Re: Campmor canvas shower tent at last   Campmor canvas shower tent at last I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:16 pm

D1cko wrote:
beats the hell out of what I use. A couple of star pickets, a tarp and a canvas shower bag under a tree is all I use .

So let me get this straight, you put the tarp around star pickets, the 'onlookers' stand in that and you shower under the tree with the shower bag over your head? Makes perfect sense to me :-D

Seriously though, I thought I'd also mention they use the same canvas on their new generation canvas tents. I deemed this worthy of sharing since I had instigated it in the first place months ago. If you visit the website and videos in the link above, the guy talks about the fabric. It's new generation Aussie ripstop canvass, U.V. resistant tripple sponge rolled through vats of mildew and waterproofing chemicals. I have one of their Senior Bush Baby lodge style tents as well. I'll post a pic of it. The canvas does not need any other treatment by the owner - I believe at any point of it's life, however being a shower, I'd use a bush and beach wax sealant on the inside so soap scum washes off, then re-treat.

The following is designed to also have a wooden floor in the living area as semi permanent accommodation (cabin.) Same canvas though.

Campmor canvas shower tent at last 6234678920_fb209b0b77;
Campmor canvas shower tent at last 6234676754_7751704500
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Campmor canvas shower tent at last   Campmor canvas shower tent at last I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Campmor canvas shower tent at last
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OuterControl 4x4 :: The Bonfire!-
Jump to: