OuterControl 4x4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OuterControl 4x4

4x4 Mates CQ

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Warn XP or XDC?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shaker4x4
Shaker4x4

Warn XP or XDC? Empty
PostSubject: Warn XP or XDC?   Warn XP or XDC? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 11:35 am

A while ago I purchased a warn XDC 9,500lb winch. It wasn't cheap! I do know they are a series wound motor with thermal cut-off to protect the motor from over-load. The Warn XDC is not sold in the U.S. and is an export only. The solenoid is a quality one and heavy duty remote even has a little torch in the handle. Downside was there was no correct bracket to fix the solenoid to the ARB bull bar. ARB had a bracket, but that still required the bull bars other brackets to be cut and welded for something to mount to.

I was chatting to a bloke that was looking at a similar size Warn XP and and I suggested the XDC and he had not hear of it before. It's not a winch that is widely advertized except if you looked at ARB price lists or dug further into the Warn website. So why is this?

Does anyone know why the XDC is not well advertised and what the differences are aside from thermal management?

Thanks,

Shakes.
Back to top Go down

Warn XP or XDC?
Page 1 of 1